On February 7, it was reported that Sonya Deville's contract would not be renewed by WWE, ending her time with the company.
Deville had been with the company since 2015 when she signed after WWE Tough Enough.
Speaking on her YouTube channel, Sonya gave insight to her WWE departure.
"I got the call. My contract was not being renewed with the WWE. I got the phone call. We were in the middle of negotiations, so I thought the phone call was going to be middle ground that we met on. An agreement on a contract. It was, 'We are not renewing your contract.' I was shocked," she said.
Sonya said she had a great ten years and it grateful for her time in the company.
"At the end of the day, it's a business. I think business-minded. For whatever the reason is, I don't know the reason, and I could sit here and try to come up with one or guess. 'It was definitely that. I said or did that.' I put 150% effort in the entire ten years, but most importantly the last three. I went down to the Performance Center on my own time. Moved there for two months to train to get the rust off," she said.
Sonya said multiple times she was shocked by the phone call, but quickly came at peace with WWE's decision because of her trust in the universe.
Sonya noted her first love was acting and said she booked her first big film project the week before WWE called to inform her that her contract would not be renewed.
She closed by saying she is excited and that she has a lot of things coming up.
If you use any of the quotes above, please credit and link to the original source with a h/t and link back to Fightful for the transcription.
